Friday, December 17, 2010

Returning Books

I've officially turned my child into a bibliophile.
We were returning the 17 books he had checked out a few weeks ago (and we have read all of them at least twice) and picking up one book on hold for me. He COULD NOT LEAVE without checking out a book.
He ran for Field, asked for a Christmas book, and then...picked out "When Cows Come Home for the Holidays" It's a great and fantastic book. Funny and about the holiday spirit. We were laughing out loud reading it.

Wylie also had two doctor's appointments yesterday. Dentist and Pediatrician. He was really good at both. He also received two vaccines and a blood draw. The later hurt a great deal and required him to hold his arm incredibly still. Remember he's 4, because I don't think I hold my arm as still as he did. HE HOWLED AND CRIED. Why am I telling you this here?

I offered Wylie as a reward/consolation for being so brave a trip to the BOOKSTORE (yup buying a book) and picking out a book. He looked at me in the midst of his tears and sadness and said "Could we go borrow from the library?" My kid offered the chance to buy a book. He wants to borrow from the library.
I love him.

1 comment:

DrMarte said...

Yay for you!! Yay for Wylie!!