Thursday, August 5, 2010

2012 Publishing Crash

Huffington Post article: Here
So what do you think?
Would you miss print books?
Would you be willing to pay more for print books?
Would the libraries that are supposedly going away be the only resource for print books?
For those of us who are dinosaurs with the love of curling up with a book will we have to rely on the library to bring us the hard back and paper backs and soft backs that we so love?

Personally if publishing were to crash I would wait for books from the library that are no longer available for sale. I would eventually move to the Kindle for the books I just couldn't wait for but for the most part I think I would wait.

Then again, I already do that for new bestsellers through the library. Yes sometimes that means being in a que of 150 people to have access to 15 copies. If there is a book I must have when it is published I will buy it but for the most part there really haven't been many books that I must have in my possession to read again.

No comments: