Monday, September 6, 2010

I Heart Stieg Larsson

I was on holiday in Kauai for a week. I had a library book I was finishing up but I didn't want to bring it with me just in case I lost it or wanted to read on the beach or at the pool. I bought the first in the series of Stieg Larsson's books. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
LOVED IT.
Great hero and anti-hero. Set up for a fantastic understory that identifies and builds the characters. He writes with a style that allows for silence by his characters without having to write. You know by the words they speak if they are quiet or loud. Lisbeth Salander and Kalle Blomkvist are unique and would make you take a second glance when they walk down the street but they would also blend in unseen.
The story is the classic locked room. The distractions to Blomkvist, Salandar and others aren't meant to throw one off the case, they are to build and add to it. You can feel the compulsion in the leads. The story is compelling and I want more.
Unfortunately I am number 177 on the hold list for the next book The Girl Who Played With Fire. My guesstimate is sometime in the next three months I will actually get the book.

No comments: