Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where to find inspiration

How do I pick the books I end up reading?
1. I love to go wander the stacks at the library to find something interesting to read. I judge the book based on dust cover, flap and if I know the author. Sometimes I am very surprised and sometimes I'm disappointed.

2. I have my lists of books to read. The Modern Library, The BBC List, and the list of books identified in any universities English 101 course.

3. I use the NY Times bestseller list as a source for new novels and mysteries.

4. Another great place is searching the blogs or websites or just googling book lists to see what other people have read recently, is on their summer reading list, or what is recommended. Interestingly I do not find Barnes and Noble, Borders or Amazon a good source of inspiration. It's almost as if they are too big and too diverse.
I was on the GOOP website today and found a summer reading recommendation post. You can find it here. Several interesting books to consider.

No comments: