Thursday, June 23, 2011

Prompt: Courage to Connect

Courage to Connect

Men imagine that they communicate their virtue or vice only by overt actions, and do not see that virtue or vice emit a breath every moment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Who is one person that you’ve been dying to connect with, but just haven’t had the courage to reach out to? 1.First, reflect on why you want to get in touch with them.
2.Then, reach out and set up a meeting.

1. Facebook has made this relatively easy to do with some of the people I've been wanting to get in touch with but haven't really had to make the connection. In the past year I've made the point of finding people I really wanted to stay friends with but under the influence of others screwed up those friendships. Now that I have removed the "not good for me" people I am finding the "good for me people" again. So in some respects I'm reaching out and finding them.

I wasn't "dying" to reach out and connect with or reconnect with my sister but circumstances put me in a face to face situation with my sister last year. The short time I was around her and a few other relatives that I normally wouldn't have spent time with confirmed that there are people you think you should be connected to and spend time with that in reality are just not people you need to be around. If nothing else that short weekend proved to me that I am my own person. I refuse to be pigeon holed by someone else.

So in short I won't have someone I'm dying to connect with because I am slowly working to understand and reconnect with the people I need to be with but be honest with myself about the people I no longer need or want in my life to be healthy.

No comments: