Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Prompt: Speak Less

Speak Less

What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think. This rule, equally arduous in actual and in intellectual life, may serve for the whole distinction between greatness and meanness. It is the harder, because you will always find those who think they know what is your duty better than you know I. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Someone once received a fortune cookie that read: “Speak less of your plans, you’ll get more done.”
1. What’s one project that you’ve been sitting on and thinking about but haven’t made progress on?
2. What’s stopping you?
3. What would happen if you actually went for it and did it?

1. I'm working on that project. But I'm not going to talk of it.
2. Nothing is stopping me.
3. I'm going for it.

In a side note: I have this habit of going silent, not speaking of something I want for fear I will jinx what I want. I am speaking less.

No comments: