Saturday, June 11, 2011

Prompt: Fear!

Fear

These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Is fear holding you back from living your fullest life and being truly self expressed? Put yourself in the shoes of the you who’s already lived your dream and write out the answers to the following:
1. Is the insecurity you’re defending worth the dream you’ll never realize? or the love you’ll never venture? or the joy you’ll never feel?
2. Will the blunder matter in 10 years? Or 10 weeks? Or 10 days? Or 10 minutes?
3. Can you be happy being anything less than who you really are?
4. Now Do. The Thing. You Fear.

This is so interesting as my friend wrote about her backspace key breaking  here and not being able to go back which meant living with the belief that now matters and you have to move forward. I wrote a comment on it and my take on this is that I "JUMP" into things after careful thought but then I jump. 

Here is my response to her post which gets to the fear...Love the fact that you question not being able to go back when in reality we can’t. Only movie stars, politicians, and historians somehow have figured out how to time travel. Live with a child for a short amount of time and you will realize you cannot take it back or go back or back pedal once it has come flying out of your mouth or and action has taken place. It will be there forever. Good or bad. So 10 minutes, 10 seconds, 10 days, it's all there and children live without fear. I try to live without fear and then I did for a few years which mean I lived without moving forward which essentially could have been moving backward.
Over the past five years I have made so many choices about moving forward without looking back or as I call it “JUMPING” that in hindsight wish I could become revisionist about only one piece but the rest was destined to happen no matter what I did short of not experiencing the entire piece. So I would have lost all for want of removing one bit. Interestingly as I feel that one piece that is going to haunt us right now and makes me a bit sick is also healing us as I have to tell more and more people the reason it is haunting us.
(this has to do with house in LA and getting away from the very very bad people).

No comments: