Saturday, June 11, 2011

Prompt: Divine Idea

Divine Idea

Imitation is Suicide. Insist on yourself; never imitate. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

1. Write down in which areas of your life you have to overcome these suicidal tendencies of imitation, and how you can transform them into a newborn you – one that doesn’t hide its uniqueness, but thrives on it.
2. There is a “divine idea which each of us represents” – which is yours?

My divine idea is that I would like to be a perfect housewife from the 50s. Okay so that is imitation at it's best. I'd like to be the one who can make a great meal, raise chickens for dinner and for eggs, that has the garden that feeds my family and hangs the laundry outside on the line. I guess in some ways I want to be my mom which again is imitation.
This is me. I want this to be the me who doesn't care about suits and heels and being fat or skinny, who doesn't care about pretty or ugly. Who can show up in sneakers and pants as well as a skirt and heels and be equally as comfortable.
Divine Idea: Me. Just me. Comfortable in my skin.

No comments: