Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Prompt: Invent the Future!

Invent the Future
A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Alan Kay: ‘In order to predict the future, you have to invent it.’
1. Decide what you want the future to be and make it happen. Because you can.
2. Write about your future now.

My future?!
I want so much from my future that at times it feels greedy and at times it feels futile and frightening that I know I will never achieve it and will be hopeless and stagnant. The things I want out of my future are things that I have managed in the past and will see again in my future.
1. House to call my own. Something that is my home.
2. Increase in work quality and visibility
3. Budget sustainability

No comments: