Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Prompt: Surprise

I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

1.Think of a time when you didn’t think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself.
2. How will you surprise yourself this week?

There are many times when I thought myself not capable and then managed to do something. Things that everyone around me in a million years would never have expected me to do and yet I still managed to do in spite of the naysayers and detractors. The two I am most proud of are quitting smoking and running a marathon. I think the first marathon was the hardest and the third the most glorious. Both of those things surprised the living daylights out of me when I finished.
 
I don't know how I will surprise myself this week. If I did it wouldn't be a surprise. I am traveling this week to a meeting that is somewhat intimidating as it is all international health and C-level partners in the company as I stand in for my VP. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to learn as much as I can. I am also very nervous about opening my mouth and saying the wrong thing. Who knows I might make the right connection!

No comments: