Saturday, June 4, 2011

Prompt Day 4

Today is an easy one
"If we live truly, we shall see truly." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Not everyone wants to travel the world but most people can identify at least one place in the world they'd like to visit before they die.

1. Where is that place you would like to go?
2.What will you do to make sure you get there?

This one is easy! I am an arm chair traveler as everyone knows so I have my places but I have the one in particular.
AFRICA
I really want to go see the vast ecological differences of the African continent--the darkness of the northern countries, the lush tropics of the eastern countries, and then the beautiful savannahs of Botswana. There is so much to that continent of war and peace, of desert and mountain, of women presidents and female mutilation, of slavery and freedom. It is an amazing and complicated place. I've traveled there in my mind and in books and in movies and documentaries many times.

I will get there. I saved up once to get there and bought a house instead?! I saved up again and went to graduate school. I believe I am waiting until I am ready to understand Africa which I believe will be soon. Too early and all you see is heartache, too late and you miss the beauty that includes the heartache. I just turned 40. I will save up and go when I am 50. I will!

No comments: